Wednesday, February 10, 2010

YEs!

I have had an "ah-ha!" moment, just now, as I sit at my computer.  


Recently, I have been wondering how I am going to be able to help support my family AND be a stay-at-home mom.  Well, I like doing crafts and I like making things for people... Hmm

Then it hit me.

What is my absolute passion??  Food, yes food.  I love it.  There is barely anything that can top eating something that makes your taste buds rejoice in hallelujias!  I want to be humble, but there is no way to get around it when I say, I am a dang good cook, every night I cook dinner my hunny groans in delight as the meal I prepared hits the flavour side of his brain.  It truly is a thing of pride and self-satisfaction to cook not just good, but fantastic meals. But enough about cooking... I want to talk about baking.


I have been baking twice as long as I have been cooking.  Talk about comfort.  Getting a baked good, whether it be bread of a pie brings such warmth and joy to your heart, that words cannot describe.  I just love a delicate treat to savour to really enjoy a special day, or to make a bad day feel amazing.
I'm talking CHOCOLATE, VANILLA, BANANA, CREAM CHEESE, NUTS, BERRIES... talk about comfort.


So, to finally get to where I am going;


I am going to start a bakery-type business.  I will mostly do cupcakes, but I can do other things as well.  I'm talking about the moist, rich, decadent, so dreamy that when you only see a picture of it your mouth starts to water cupcake.

It will be out of my very own kitchen... And it will take time to start, but I am going to do it.  So... I have no time any more for my craft blog, I am off on a new journey.  Wish me luck!



3 comments:

Imogene said...

Ahem..life long dream of mine as well...
Oh, and I was reading recipes from Julia's cookbook to Geoffrey last (romantic, eh?)and he asked me if he was going to get terribly fat while we were cooking from it.
I replied, "Quite."

Butter sauce!

Charlie said...

Well, well, well. So the kitchen is going to be a bakery. I don't know if I like that idea or not. I mean... when lots of wonderful things are just leaving the house and I don't get to have any of them I will be sad. Oh, and a question. Is it going to be like the opening credits of Willy Wonka? Love your husbandly friend.

Geoff said...

...simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanna change the world (plucks hair from child violently) there's nothing to it (stares creepily into space)