Monday, March 29, 2010

Miss Dolly

I feel alive today.  I stepped outside my door and breathed in deep, searching for a plan for the afternoon.  Autumn strolled past me in her yellow dress and galoshes, heading straight for the mud.  I think I will plant flowers.  I have a back patio that I need to fix up for the summertime when we have the pool up and the smoker going.  I have the pictures of what I want in my head, all I have to do is make it reality.  I need patio furniture.  Speaking of furniture, I wish I could get rid of the couch sitting in my living room.  Sometimes I feel like not having any furniture at all.  Just an empty house to run and dance in. 
I took in another stray.  I keep telling myself that I am going to take a break from the "rescue" business.  I just couldn't say no.  She was lying in a field, with a destroyed paw and completly empty belly.  I believe she was going to give up if I hadn't put her in the back of the truck and drove her home.  I call her Miss Dolly, she has so many wrinkles on her face that she can barely see. She is quite the lover, my Dolly, maybe due to not having anyone to love until now.  I enjoy the company of animals, sometimes a lot better than people.  We tend to have an understanding that most humans seem to neglect.  Well, I am off to Lowes.  I have flowers to plant and sun to soak up.

No comments: