Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Duke

I grew up with two fathers... My dad and the Duke.  I have seen every John Wayne movie at least 20 times and I don't plan to stop watching them over and over.  My father installed in me an undying love for him since I was old enough to pay attention to a movie.  


Charlie and I went to the movies last night to see Hereafter (which is very good and refreshing, by the way...) and a movie preview came on that really shook my core.  As soon as I heard the name Rooster Cogburn I knew it could only mean one thing...

Someone has taken on the ultimate challenge of remaking True Grit.  I was shocked yet highly intruged.  These directors better do justice, or they are going to have a lot of very sad and unhappy people, me being the number one. 

True Grit was my favorite movie growing up and still holds a very important part in my life.  You may think I am crazy, but this is who I am. If I could meet anyone that was already passed on it would be The Duke, and I would make sure to give him the biggest hug I could muster.  Like I said, he feels like a father figure to me.  

I look forward to watching the new film and hope with all my might that it is at least half as good as the original.
Here's the trailor, in case you want to check out what I'm talking about.

 

P.S. If you have not seen the 1969 original, you must. 

No comments: