Monday, December 6, 2010

excitment

I adore Christmas
This year it seems like I am enjoying a lot more than I have in the past couple of years. 
Autumn is at the age where she understands who Santa is and that is SO exciting for me as a parent, I never realized how much more fun it is to be the parent at Christmas than the child. 
I don't want to spoil the presents, so I wont say what I got everyone yet, but I am excited to tell after Christmas.  
I will however spill the beans on Autumn's new room. 
I feel rather proud at my thriftiness :) 
I got a very nice bed that usually goes for 300 dollars off of craigslist for 1/7 that price. 

I also snagged some new carpet and pad for BOTH the kids room for only 100 bucks! 
Autumn's new bed will sport this cute bedspread

... which only cost $35!
 I will embroidery pillows and my wonderful artistic husband will be water-coloring paintings of an owl, fox and tree. 
I am SO excited!! 
I will put pictures of the finished product when we are all done. 

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Sounds SO cute! Can't wait to see pics.