Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Inspiration

I am making a change in my life.

I know I have told myself this many times, but I need to really get with the picture and realize where I am headed. I just turned 23 and I feel like I am 35.  I ache, I can't run for very long at all, my clothes are all super tight and I am -lazy-.  I have an addiction to food. Yep, I do. I admit it.  I love it.  I eat when I am happy and sad (and every emotion in-between). Don't get me wrong, food is awesome, but I don't want it to run my life anymore.  As time passes, I gain more weight and my clothes don't fit and my lifestyle doesn't match what I want to do with my life. 

I have tried dieting before. I don't stick to it. I am a person that needs instant gratification (when it comes to me personally) So, I have chosen a diet that has worked for a lot of people I know.  I will be doing the HCG. (Now, for those of you that may read this and not agree with this diet, please know that I have done a TON of research and have made up my mind.) I start today.  It will be extremely tough and hopefully just as rewarding.  

Getting to the health and shape that I want to be at is only a small part of my change.  I am getting completely unpacked today. I am making a chore/schedule chart. I will be going to bed by 9:30 (enough time to read my scriptures, pray and spend time with my husband) and be ready to sleep at 10:00.  I will be getting up at 5:45 in the morning to have personal prayer/study time, exercise, make breakfast for my family and ride my bike to school.  Dinner will from now on be started at 5:00 in order to be on the table by 6:00.   

Why so much detail?
Because detail is what I need. I need it SO badly.  I am craving this organization, this change.

My inspiration for this turnaround was D&C 88: 118-126 

118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

 119  Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

 120 That your incomings  may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High.

 121 Therefore, cease from all your light speeches, from all laughter from all your lustful desires, from all your pride and light-mindedness, and from all your wicked doings.

 122 Appoint among yourselves a teacher, and let not all be spokesmen at once; but let one speak at a time and let all listen unto his sayings, that when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege.

 123 See that ye love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.

 124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.

 125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of  charity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.

 126 Pray always, that ye may not faint, until I come. Behold, and lo, I will come quickly, and receive you unto myself. Amen.

 I'll keep the blog updated on my improvements and growth. 
 I am REALLY very excited for this. Just thinking about it makes my heart happy. 

Wish me luck! 

2 comments:

Team Nielsen said...

Sara, your inspiration inspires me. James and I are in the process of getting healthy and losing weight as well. My doctor said I need to get down to 200 pounds or less before trying to get pregnant again. She said if I can do this my risk of having complications again goes down by 70%. James and I are doing it Biggest loser style. Each week we weigh in and the one with the highest % of weight loss that week gets $10. At the end I am hoping for 13 more weeks to be done with my goal. I have 55 more to lose to be there. We are setting aside $200 for the one that has the highest % of total weight lost. When I reach my 200 that is when we will end it. James has to loose 71 pounds by that time to beat me. But it is a great challenge because we push ourselves and eachother. I wish you luck and if you ever want to work out we have free passes to chesterfield and they have daycare you are welcome to go with me anytime you want.

Jenna said...

I love this Sara, it's exactly what I need too, just more self discipline in every aspect of my life. I've been telling Scott that when we get into our new house we're going to make some changes. A fresh start in a new house. I hope I can do it! Wish you were here so we could do it together.