Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wait, Wait, Wait...

I think I am starting to really like this "blogging" buisness. It is actually quite addicting... I just need to get down how to do all the creative stuff with my page...

There have been some changes to our plan. Charlie and I are now leaving Missouri on the 27th of June. Things have worked out so that everything will be done by then and there really isn't anything to wait for. So just to let everyone know (I don't even know if anyone reads this...) We should be there no later than the 29th of June.

I am starting to get sad about leaving my family. I will miss my mom incredibly, it is hard to think about right now. I don't want to raise my kids the way I was raised and never be able to see their grandparents or cousins. I don't want them to feel the way I did growing up so far away. I remember always feeling left out as a kid, when all I could do is look at pictures or hear over the phone about all of my family spending time together. It made me feel pretty alone at times. My feelings have changed since I have grown and have started my own family. I know now that though my family was 2,000 miles away, they still loved me and I still loved them, and that is what mattered. All in all, it was hard. It has taught me good lessons as well... I now know that it is of utmost importance that my children have as much time as they can with their family... They need to know their grandparents and greatgrandparents well so that they will love and respect them the way that I love my grandparents. Two of the most important people in my life are my grandma and grandpa Auwen. I cannnot find the words in my heart to express how much I adore and love them. It has been so hard for me to be so far away! I can't wait till I am close enough to be able to hug them both everyday. They are such amazing people, I love them so much. I know that my children will as well. 4 weeks exactly till we leave, I think I might go insane waiting. The only thing that will keep me patient is the thought that when I get there I can give grandma and grandpa a huge hug.

No comments: