Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Dress

Oh Easter, such a relaxing holiday :)  We were blessed with a wonderful day full of family, Conference and sweets :) Who could ask for more?  I have a confession though, I maybe heard one talk of conference, it was really hard to juggle everything.  I hope to sit down with Charlie and fully absorb the messages sometime this week...

The day before Easter I scrambled around like crazy.  I couldn't find a dress pattern for Autumn for her Easter dress.  I was tempted to just go to the store and buy one, but I am stubborn, so I decided to just wing it.  Well... Wing it I did.  I free handed a pattern and prayed that I got the guess measurements right.  I was up to 5 in the morning working on this... I just kept sewing and making up stuff as I went along.  At least it fit :) Heres how it turned out:

The dress and coat in action on Easter morning :)

I didn't get any pictures of Liam because he was sleeping at first, then my batteries decided to die... But I promise myself that I will get some good pictures of my little man soon :) Hope everyone had a good Easter!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

How cute is that dress? I love it, and that you just "winged it", it's darling. And she looks too cute in it.

Anonymous said...

Ya know....Autumn is sort of cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks who's creative now ;)...You did a really nice job, I was never very good at winging it...your just a natural...Love ya..